04 March 2011

Happy Birthday Granny

today was my grandmother's birthday. i am going to weed the flower beds tomorrow for her, and hopefully make it to put flowers on her grave for the first time. i miss her so much.

grandmother, mrs mary frances floyd wigman, i love you so much. i think of you all the time. i remember how exciting it was as a child to spend the night on saturdays and watch the golden girls and go to church with you on sunday.

since you've been gone, that blue plate cafe you and auntie liked has closed, and ryan's i think is still open. i haven't noticed if picadilly is or not.

i'm so sorry about the state of the house you left to mom. i'm doing the best i can but it's like swimming upstream, and i do intend on at least weeding your front beds tomorrow, fertilizing them, and i may have to replace your barberries.. it kind of looks like the weeds were allowed to choke em out. i won't let you down. if i could send letters to heaven, i most certainly would.

you were one of my favorite people in the whole world. i'm going to stop before i cry... but wherever you are, hopefully happy with grandfather, i hope you are in peace, and i would like to think you're looking down to check in on me, at least sometimes. i'm up against a lot, gran. i know you know. it's hard.

just wanted to let you know i was thinking of you. you made such a difference in my life, and it was all positive. thanks for helping with homemade play-dough, giving me angel food mint chocolate chip ice cream in tupperware bowls and letting me cut it into pies after mushing it down, sharing so much of your life with me. even though you're gone, i carry you in my heart, and you're with me all the time. i adore you.

bye for now.


Mr & Mrs Wigman - January 1944