03 March 2009

Lonely For the Past

You ever get sick where every time you inhale, you can smell gross infected snot? That's me today. Yum. Yesterday I went home at lunchtime and thought I'd lay down long enough to get my second wind... I was wrong. When it was time to get up, I called work and asked if I could stay home. Luckily, we're super slow lately (hence my ability to blog at work using my cell phone... on a break, of course.. never company time!).

   So, i miss my Gran extra bad today; it would be her 88th birthday. I wasn't there for her 87th. I wasn't at her bedside when she died. She went all alone, with no one holding her hand, out of this life the day after Mother's Day last May. Even if she wasnt cognitive, I wish I'd been there instead of snuggled in her very own bed with my daughter (as I'd snuggled with her sooo many times growing up) when the phone rang to announce her departure.

   Spring is coming, and with it all her favorite annuals will need to be planted in her beds. I will see them come into the store, especially the impatiens.. I miss her.