08 January 2009

Something Fishy This Way Writes

Well... I think my computer has about had it, at least for now. I'm going to need to buy a new battery or charger for this thing, because it no longer acknowledges its charger. First it was chargeable but only if I shut the computer and placed it awkwardly upside downish with the charger, which plugs into the side, on the bottom pressing against something. Now the computer charger light doesn't even light up like it should when it's plugged in. I'm at 0% battery & it's going to die at any moment. This is lamentable because I am sort of a computer addict, even if I'm only perusing best of Craigslist or something...

...But the worst part is, today I misplaced my cell phone somewhere out in the world. It's probably at work, which is uncool, as I work in plants, my cell phone is green, and the camo is quite natural. I spent my day in the greenhouse spraying pesticide comprised of sesame oil & fish oil (92%) & lecithin (a substance widely distributed in animal tissues, egg yolk, and some higher plants, consisting of phospholipids linked to choline). The pesticide is safe for indoor use but it made my surroundings smell like 'the Gulf of Mexico' .. 'after a red tide'. I also found out what it's like to be a chick in a predominantly male working environment who happens to smell like dead fish (I'm sure your minds can all come up with any of the jokes I heard today, and I heard em all).

Anyway. I have no computer after tonight at home indefinitely, and I have *no clue* where my cell phone is. I don't like feeling alienated from the world and I am off work tomorrow. I'm broke, so I cannot buy anything to alleviate this problem but I hope you will all show love for when I come back. Actually, maybe my fickle ass needs some alienation.

In other news, Haden chowed down on some chopped spaghetti the other day. He liked it. He had a yummy lunch then took a nap, then we went to get Maya from school and he sneezed. Yucky. I had to wipe his nose. So we move up in the waiting line and he sneezes again and this like 6 inch booger comes out. I said "Grossssssss!" And stared it down til I could pull over and wipe it off. Guess what... it was a friggin NOODLE! How in the name of heck could this noodle have harbored itself in my son's nose all through a nap? Like, where was it?

So we pick up Maya from school and she's lost another tooth. The tooth fairy left her $2 but the next morning she didn't even check. She totally forgot. And, she got her ears pierced the other day thanks to Lauren. What a big girl.

I'm on reserve power now so I have to turn this thing off. Sigh.